Protecting Orange County Creditors' Rights In Bankruptcy Litigation
Our Goal Is Rapid Resolution So You Can Focus On Your Business
At Mahaffey Law Group, we emphasize resolving creditor disputes in a manner that is both efficient and cost-effective. Our thorough knowledge of federal rules and procedure allows us to frequently reach a fair resolution without the need to litigate. If a solution cannot be reached outside of court, however, our attorneys stand ready to advocate for you in trustee litigation.
We pursue and defend creditors' rights in the full spectrum of legal challenges that come before bankruptcy courts, including:
- Trustee appointment petitions
- Challenging an automatic stay
- Adversary proceedings challenging a discharge of debt incurred through fraud or malicious conduct
- Preference litigation allowing for recovery of funds paid by a debtor to other parties 90 days prior to filing bankruptcy
- Challenging debtors' attempts to remove lien encumbrances
- Reclaiming property that was sold to a debtor within 45 days of the bankruptcy filing
Quick Action Is Essential
The window of opportunity to be successful in these creditor actions is small. It is critical to contact a knowledgeable creditors' rights attorney as soon as possible.